When it comes to choosing their bathroom furniture and appliances, many people think there’s not much you can do to be original, fun and stylish, but they couldn’t be more wrong. Not only is the bathroom one of the most important rooms in a house, but after you find out about the many ways you can decorate it and put your personal touch on it, it will surely become your favorite space. Here are some inspirational ideas that will get you in the mood to start redecorating right away:
- Make it sparkle – You can add a precious, elegant and timeless touch to any bathroom, no matter how big or small. Add gold or copper-colored accents to your plumbing, your showerhead, handles, towel rings and whatever type of metal you have. Antique gold is a really nice theme and it will make your bathroom look out of this world! Pristine chrome accessories will also look good, as it will give your bathroom a futuristic look.
- Don’t be afraid of crazy colors – Your bathroom walls don’t have to be white and boring. You can paint them in any color you want, from navy blue to red or even black. If you think that painting your entire bathroom red would be a little bit much, you can choose to paint a single wall in a different and crazy color. Remember, don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Fun shower curtains – If you want to add a fun touch to your bathroom without the commitment that comes with painting the room or changing all the appliances, go for a fun shower curtain. From optical illusions to your favorite fictional character, the option are truly limitless.
- Go for fancy lights – Chandeliers are all the rage now and you should jump on the bandwagon. What is there not to like about them? They come in all shapes, sizes, styles and colors. They are pretty, elegant and they will make you feel like royalty whenever you step into the shower.
- Accessorize – Don’t be afraid to put stuff in the bathroom, even though you might feel like they really don’t belong there. Some cool accessories that you can put in your bathroom are chairs, cushions, framed photos and even plants. Modern and futuristic bathrooms are great, but sometimes they can feel a little basic and impersonal, especially when you want to take a long, relaxing bath or have fun doing your hair and make-up to prepare for a big event. If you want your space to be homey and feel comfortable, go for original accessories.
- Choose the right mirror – The mirror is the most important accent of a modern bathroom. Choosing the suitable illuminated mirror is not only a smart investment, but it can also do wonders for the aesthetics aspect of this room. Utility, saving money and perfect lighting all with one object? That’s a winning combination.
- Tubs and wash basins – Match your tub and/or wash basin with the theme of your bathroom, or make these become the theme. There are lots of styles, colors and textures that will allow you to express your personal sense of style. For instance, rectangular basins are perfect if you want to keep things modern and minimalistic and round, embellished sinks go with a more traditional theme.
- Play with patterns – Stripes? Dots? Definitely. Wallpaper is a viable option for bathrooms, it’s easy to apply and it works really well if you are on a budget. When you leave the bathroom in the morning, you’re pretty much setting the tone for your entire day. Why not make it playful and happy?
- Go for one color and stick with it – Even though we recommend spicing things up when it comes to decorating your bathroom, an achromatic style can work just as well. A completely white bathroom looks just as shocking, but in a good way. The only problem is you’ll have to keep it perfectly clean at all times. But it is such a feast on your eyes, it’s worth it.
- Save storage space – If your bathroom doesn’t have enough space to allow the installation of a cabinet, go for shelves. Strategically placed shelves will save you a lot of space and you won’t have to compromise when it comes to keeping your favorite stuff handy. The best part about shelves is that they are cheap, they can be made from a variety of materials and come in whichever colors you prefer.
Whatever idea you pick from the ones presented above, and whatever you choose, backlit mirrors, accessories or curtains, just remember to express yourself and to choose what you think works best for your house and your loved ones. There are no real rules, it’s all about what you want to do.